- Marked the middle out-in-back section of Squaw Peak 50. (I've yet to hear a wrong turn story on this section although I'm sure its out there....)
- Worked the Squaw event and then ran a few miles with Ben Corralles, then a few more, then he convinced me to go with him to the end. 20+ mile trail run and Ben an awesome 2nd place.
- Quick sales trip to LA teaching LTR classes, group run, and visiting prospective stores.
- 9 Day trip to Wisconsin, Chicago, and Minnesota.
- Ran Ragnar Chicago but since it was last minute and I'd already booked a hotel, I ran all 3 legs back-to-back-to-back. 15.8 miles in 1:45 which is sub-7 minute miles off the couch. Felt pretty awesome!
- Visited the Chicago Institute of Art on my one day off. As an avid art fan, I loved all the various works from El Greco to Picasso.
- Missed my flight home, then 2 flat tires in each of my cars the following days. Rough weekend....but went fishing for the first time this year, and yeah, I still have it!
- Was interviewed by Park City TV (broadcasts later this summer) for two spots, one for barefoot running and the second on Altra!
The Ultra Experience
Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or backpacking but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
June is almost over and the days are getting shorter. Average weekly mileage is hanging around 20 which usually means one 10-15 miler and one or two 4-6 milers. Really sad but life is busy. Here's a few places I've been and fun things I've done recently.