The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

NOLS-- OEC 6/7/2007 Absarokas



So 3 days after Squaw Peak 50 miler I was off on my next adventure, a 24 day course with the National Outdoor Leadership School. My course was an Outdoor Educators Course which is a course for outdoor professionals. Since I am an Outdoor Rec student at UVSC and having worked for Outdoor Education at UVSC guiding trips for the last year and a half, I definitely qualified. The group met up in Lander, WY on June 6th to prepare for the 17 day backpacking trip and the 5 day rock climbing camp that was to come. Our group immediately connected (Whoa OEC) and off we went into the amazing Absarokas Mountains in Wyoming. Needless to say I learned a lot about backpacking, rock climbing, expedition behavior, teaching styles, community values, and Canada. (Thanks Dai!) The group was amazing and I met some great people that I will never forget. If anyone is thinking about participating in a NOLS course, I highly recommend doing it. It is well worth the money and an unforgettable time.

No comments: