The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

30 and Ari's 1st Race

Turned 30 this week. A little odd since I don't feel a day over 20 but oh well. To celebrate I went and ran 30 miles on Tuesday. It was awesome until I ran out of food and water. Not the best planning on my part but I only suffered for a few miles. It was nice to get out since I haven't had much of a chance.
Two days later...Ari and I went and ran the Turkey Trot in Orem. I ran the 4 mile race and won my age division! (30-34...its the shoes!) Not too shabby holding a 6 min mile pushing a baby jogger, fighting the crowd for the first mile, and only two days after running 30 miles. Ari having just turned 2 did the 100 meter dash. Lets just say that he went the opposite direction at the start and when I turned him around he sat down and started to cry. The rest of the race went like this:
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

1 comment:

jun said...

Happy Birthday. I had a hard time with 30. 40 will be a breeze. Congrats on the run and the fun week with your family.