The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Outdoor Retailer Show

My most recent adventure led me to the amazing outdoor retailer show at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake. Although most of what I did there was business, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I met with tons of retail companies including Brooks, New Balance, Wrightsocks, Smartwool, Golite, Gu, and that was just the start. A few highlights that might interest all you Ultra/Adventure people out there: Golite Shoes new low profile carbon fiber trail running shoe. It's amazing, and for $160 it better be amazing. Golite sleeping bags that are male and female specific that also zip together. Lots of companies do similar things but these were super light, looked great, totally functional, and surprisingly affordable. Smartwools new PhD line of running specific socks. Wow! Everything you'd expect from Smartwool plus the most amazing advertising..."my socks are smarter than your honor student." Montrail's new shoe called the Streak. Light weight and looks great. I believe it will be a hit and Montrail really needed something like it in their line. Gu has a new flavor, mint chocolate. It's the best tasting chocolate gel I've ever had. It is a limited item that will only carry through Christmas 2007. Timex is coming out with a new Sleek 50 that also controls your Ipod. It's incredible! Those few items are something to look forward to and there were tons of other great new products on the market. Let's just say the outdoor market is heading in the right direction!

No comments: