The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

May=Squaw Peak Training

Well it's official, I've moved back to Orem.  Finally got the internet up so I've got some catching up to do.  My training sucked last week with the move but since May 1st I've been dedicated to my Squaw Peak prep and it's going better then I had hoped.  My whole focus this year is to get under 9 hours and PR.  My training is where it needs to be so we will see how it all goes.

Course: I ran a section of the course for the first time this week.  Start to Rock Canyon Overlook.  There is a lot of snow!  Scary part is how solid the snow pack was.  We were in snow from the time we left Hope Campground to the top.  I'm confident most of it will melt off but come race day we will still have 3-4 miles total, both above Rock Canyon and Windy Pass.  I intend to run nearly all of the course before race day and I'll post updates and maybe a few pics.

Huge congrats to Chris Solinksy for setting a new American Record in the 10K.  As much as an ultra trail runner as I've become I still got the chills when I watched this.  It's amazing, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say, you be careful out there and don't fall off one of them ledges or rocks. That can be a bad thing if you're by yourself. Cheers.