The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Moose Fighting & Movie Star


So last week I decided to go on one of my most favorite training runs with my good friend Karl Jarvis. We started at Rock Canyon and went up the right fork. On the way up we ran into a female moose which quickly ran away. We were excited to see the amazing creature. As we neared Maple Flats we heard some weird noises. As we crested, we saw one of the most amazing spectacles of nature. Two large bull moose fighting! We were stunned. The moose saw us and moved to the far side of the meadow. We stood there whispering about what we had just seen when they started fighting again. It was incredible! It is something that I will never forget. I don't know about everyone else but the running this past fall has been great.

Also, on a recent video by Park City Television I'm on TV! It's a short video on downhill running techniques hosted by ultra great Karl Meltzer and Scott Mason. It's an interesting 2 1/2 minutes. Look for a 3 second blip of me at 1:05. It was during the 2006 Mid-Mtn Marathon that I ran. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3usL8fIWhg

No comments: