The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Final Prep- Squaw 09

With a little over two days until Squaw Peak I am making all my final preparations for race day. Last week I ended up with 31 miles which I focused on speed and climbing in attempt to fine tune for race day. Monday I ran 10 miles easy with Shane Martin and I felt like I was chomping at the bit. Tomorrow I intend to run 5 miles easy to loosen the legs.

Also if you have any last minute questions, Gu's to buy, or if you just want to shoot the bull for a few minutes, I will be hanging out at Runner's Corner all day this Friday from 10am-5pm. If you haven't heard or seen, I have a giant Squaw Peak TOPO map which is custom made for Squaw. I'll have it posted at the store to go over final preparations, race strategy, aid station adjustments, etc. It should be fun and the store is only 5 minutes away from the race briefing so stop on by. Runner's Corner 336 East 800 South in Orem.

If you didn't get into the race or want to be part of the fun, John Bozung still needs volunteers up at the Windy Pass Aid Station. 5 mile hike in and very possibly the most exciting part of the course. Contact Bozung at jbozung at aol. com. Thanks in advance to all the volunteers who make Squaw Peak possible!
I wish everyone a great race and look forward to seeing my favorite group of people and running in my favorite race. Cheers and good luck!

No comments: