The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Final Trip Up Ben Lomond


Ran Ben Lomond for what will probably be my final time for the year. If was nice to get out for a long run in the mountains while the weather was nice. Despite warm weather there was still a bunch of snow on the backside of the mountain which made things exciting. It got a bit dark on the way down but ended up being a perfect Saturday afternoon run. It was my sixth time to the top this year. I would like to try and do it mountaineer style over the winter. What was a 3 hour run will become a 16 hour ordeal. Worth the excitement. I am now ready for it to snow snow snow. Bring on winter!


Final grunt up the backside
Chillin on the top with Willard Peak in the distance

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm glad you were able to fit it in your busy schedule. Hope you are actually getting some sleep these days!