The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Austria






From Prague, Zanna and I took a train to Vienna. What quaint is to Prague, gaudy is to Vienna. Definitely a bigger city with more hustle and bustle. The cathedrals were even more ornate and the city much more modern. We particularly enjoyed the museums which were by far the best we had seen. Amazing art and history collections. We spent 2 days in Vienna and then we got a rent-a-car to see the rest of Austria.

With Salzburg as our headquarters, we spent the next several days finding the smallest most mountainous roads we could and off we went exploring. It was so much fun! I was able to do several great trail runs and it was beautiful. The alps were incredible! We spent one evening in Innsbruck and then our fourth day in Salzburg. Props to Austria for having awesome roads and trails. We would stop at random small cafe's in the mountain for awesome meals and great views. I do love the mountains!

No comments: