The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Training

My weekly mileage has not been what I would like. However, on my day off during the week I have been able to put down some solid 18-25 mile runs which should hold me over pretty well as I head into the ultra racing season. I do feel like I'm in the best shape I've ever been in for mid-March. That doesn't say much since I'm somewhat of a wuss when it comes to the cold. I have such a hard time cranking out high mileage over the winter months. My speed feels pretty good due to a lot of the fast 5-7 mile road runs I've been doing but I will have to watch that so I don't go out too fast on race day. March 2nd-March 15th I ran 79 miles.

No comments: