The Ultra Experience

Here's to the adventures of my life which are usually ultra marathon trail running or fly fishing but may include other trips, experiences, thoughts, opinions, or pretty much whatever I want. As co-founder of Altra Footwear my life and adventures seemingly revolve more around developing and promoting the best footwear in the world...and I love it!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Snowbasin Pow


Call me crazy, call me blessed but I couldn't resist the urge. With Thursday morning off work and 21 inches of fresh powder on March 26th, I headed up the mountain for what will probably be the last powder day this season.

Regardless of my upcoming 50 mile race, less than 48 hours before I toe the line, the powder called my name. Although a bit heavy, it was amazing! After a few great runs on John Paul, I decided to see if Strawberry was open. It had been closed the day before and so far in the morning. To my surprise, it had just barely opened up! Lets just say that it was 3-4 of the best runs this season. With 21 inches of untracked powder and solid visibility, I was in heaven! Life must be lived when opportunity presents.

I only ski'd half day which helped but I feel no side effects today. Just a residual mental bliss from an amazing day of skiing! Whether it effects me on race day or not, it was perfect. Next up, Antelope Island 50.

No comments: